The Peterson StroboFlip™ is the first tuner to feature a wide variety of classic temperaments and new Sweetened Tunings ™ never before available! Whether you want to tune a harpsichord to a 200-year-old temperament for a specific piece of music or set the intonation on your guitars, the StroboFlip is the ideal tool!
With its unparalleled 0.1 cent accuracy and myriad presets, this tuner can be used to tune or set up your instrument to its own particular needs, improving both the instrument and your sound.
Dedicated Tuning Options for All Genres
The StroboFlip is the first tuner to feature Sweeteners™ - preset perfect fifth intervals for violin, viola or cello; perfect thirds for Dobro® or resonator guitars; tuning and intonation presets for the Buzz Feiten Tuning System® for guitar, bass, and acoustic guitar; and both Buzz and Peterson Sweetened settings for 12-string guitar. The StroboFlip also includes E9th & C6th pedal steel guitar presets, exclusive Peterson presets for the whole guitar family, and more!
A long list of classic temperament presets such as Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, 1/4 & 1/6th Comma Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Young, Vallotti and Rameau are also included. These temperaments are all root adjustable.
A Pitch Holder™ mounting clamp, a Peterson TP-2™ clip-on tuning pickup, and a dedicated custom ultra-clean power supply rounds off this unbeatable tuning kit!
The StroboFlip is the ultimate tool for obtaining the best sound out of your instruments!
What people are saying about the StroboFlip:
- * 0.1 Cent Accuracy
- * Real-Time Virtual Strobe™ Technology
- * Programmable Auto-Off To Conserve Battery Life
- * 34 Preset Temperaments/Sweeteners™
- * Offsets For All Instruments Fitted With The Buzz Feiten Tuning System®, including 12 String
- * Peterson Sweetened Tuning™ for guitar, bass, Dobro®, steel guitar, violin, viola, cello.
- * 8 User-Programmable Sweetened™ Temperament Banks
- * User-Programmable Tempered Tunings
- * Adjustable Temperament Root
- * Battery Operated Or Included AC Power Supply
- * Pitch Holder™ Mounting Clamp And TP-2™ Tuning Pickup Included
- * Backlit Control Panel
- * New Flip Design Fits Easily In Gig Bag
"The StroboFlip is a quick and sure-fire way to have students accurately tune their string instruments. It is small, light, and simple to use. The bridge clip works great. I have found the StroboFlip to help my students learn to tune their open strings as well as their perfect-fifth tuning. I applaud the makers of StroboFlip!"
- Bob Gillespie, Professor of Music - Strings, Ohio State University, Immediate Past National President, American String Teachers Association.
"Not only would I find these tools useful in the university and private lesson studios, but I am also the director of a Suzuki string institute."
- Paula E. Bird, Director, TX State University Suzuki String Institute.
"How much my students are enjoying the Strobo-Flip. I have a studio of 40 plus students and it really helps them to actually see if they are sharp or flat. I can spend time telling them but seeing is believing. Thanks again!"
- Nina R. Mavrinac, Private Suzuki violin instructor, Converse, Texas.
"As a professional violist and string teacher, I have found that the current tuners on the market have not addressed the specific tuning reqirements that we need in the string profession. Now, with the Peterson Stroboflip, we finally have a tuner that meets our needs. In addition to being very precise for the tuning of a viola or violin etc., you can use this tuner to fix intonation as you play. With this added feature, the StroboFlip is so much more than just a device to tune one's intrument, but also a fantastic teaching and training tool for intonation problems in a piece or exersize. Thank you Peterson Tuners for creating this wonderful new product!"
- Christopher Parsons, Professional violist, session player & teacher.